Tuesday, August 29, 2006


Last Saturday, my whole family ended up in Berjaya Times Square to watch a Tamil movie early awaited for a year plus to watch it. Altogether, 9 of us and the ticket cost RM99 and we watched the movie at screen 9. Yes of course the actor, is the all time favourite actor of my family, he is the great, and one of the most versatile actor in India… he is Kamalhassan. Almost every movie of his, my whole watched make it a point to watch in the cinema and we always been enthusiast to watch Kamalhassan’s movies.
The name of the movie is, Vetayyadu Vilayadu a.k.a means as The Game of Hunting' … in English yet still not sure about the exact translation of the name. Though, I was aware of the movie a year ago but I was totally not interest now because tired of waiting for the day the movie going too be release and finally they did on last Saturday and since it is a movie awaited by most Indians throughout the world and my brother booked the ticket days earlier. To watch the movie was an exciting thing ever to me… because all the coolest and excellent film crew such as, the director, Gautham (one of the leading Indian director and scriptwriter), editor, Anthony ( the youngest and most advance editor in the industry), cinematographer, Ravivarman (still new to the industry but had shown the audience the new ways of filming with unusual skills and technique which any Indian would ever had imagined), art director, Rajeevan ( who is known for modern art) are joining hands in making this movie and not forgetting the versatile actor, Kamalhassan who is known for his gazillion types of roles he has done in the Indian film industry. I had totally no idea what is the movie is about except it’s a cop story. Although, all the young film experts worked in the movie, the only person I was unhappy about was the music director, Harris Jeyaraj. I simply HATE him. It’s a fact he the current most famous south Indian music director but I dislike him for his “NOT SO ORIGINAL” music. He always copies and modifies other artiste’s music. He has no originality, yet his composition songs are always record breaking and the most heard songs ever.
The story of the movie is about the ventures into excruciating details about the world of investigative cops and serial killers. Kamalhassan is a police officer who has been assigned to investigate his friend’s daughter’s mysterious death by a serial killer. After the death of the daughter, both the parents left to New York to set off for a new life but they ended up been killed the very next day in New York. Kamalhassan flies to New York to continue his investigations there assist by an American police officer. It is professional and shiny all through with all the pauses and poise that such a script requires. Kamalhassan’s acting need not be elaborated and it was mesmerizing as usual. He brings a sharp idiom to the role of a cop who has to hunt to some faceless killers cum psychopaths and serial rapist.
The recent I felt in love for the movie is all about the presentation. The whole concept is totally new to the Tamil movie industry. It was so unique and different. I had never seen anything like it before and ever in any Tamil movies I watched all these years. Well, what I can ever say about the acting of Kamalhassan. In fact, in few scenes I was totally stunned. Not forgetting the serial killers, they were awesome too. I have never come across any villainous character in Tamil movies. Although their characters are not a norm among any Indians movies but I salute for the attempt and success. Besides that, I would say the cinematographer simply as a magician. He top-notch camerawork is a major plus. He showed us the different angles and way of filming the movie. According to the cinematographer, about 95% of the movie, he carried the camera while shooting and seldom used and crane or other device in still mode. He said, the film shot in 35 mm has breathtaking aerial shots of New York City by night and the tight close-up shots of the lead actors. Without the editor I belief the movie wouldn’t had been this perfect.
Besides all the pros, there are a few cons which I was not that satisfied about. First, the introduction of the villains in the second half of the movie. I believe it was a bit too early to introduce them. I was a bit blur during the introduction scene of the villains although it was unexpected scene. Second, the scene where the villain tells Kamalhassan why he does the killing and raping, which was not that realistic in the sense of why is he have to tell Kamalhassan after the massive fight scene and both are badly injured. I wonder how the villain could talk such a lengthy dialogue. Besides these two reasons I think the villains are the excellent and sexiest villains ever came across in any recent Tamil movies. Anyway all the credit goes to the screenplay. Anyway I’m planning for a second show for a better observation as I was too fascinated and excited while watching the movie till I did not concentrated.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~LaaYamU PaRaM~ said...

*sigh*

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home